Growing long, thick and healthy hair is the goal of many people aiming to copy their favorite celebrities and friends. You don't need to invest in expensive treatments, gadgets or tools, there a few simple tips that you can follow to really boost your hair growth rate.
10 Tips to grow your hair long
- Try not to wash your hair every day as this strips the essential oils out of your hair. Aim to wash your hair every 3 or 4 days. If this worries you then on day one and two, wear it down, and on subsequent days wear your hair up in a ponytail or braid.
- Eat healthily to promote rapid hair growth. Eating lots of fresh salad, fruit and vegetables will all help speed up the growth rate. As will fresh fish such as salmon and trout which contain natural oils.
- Some supplements are said to help hair grow, such as sea kelp, which is basically seaweed, which is highly nutritious and the Japanese consume in huge amounts. Check with your health provider before taking any new supplements though.
- Massage your scalp each day to stimulate the scalp and boost hair follicles.
- Use a natural shampoo and conditioner to minimize the chemicals that your hair is exposed to. And use shampoo on your scalp only and condition only the ends of your hair.
- The old wives tale about brushing your hair 100 times a day has an element of truth in it as brushing with a natural bristle brush can aid hair growth.
- Get your hair cut every 6 to 8 weeks. Many people assume cutting their hair will hinder growth but this actually has the opposite effect as a small trim will benefit the overall health. Just don't let your hairdresser get too scissor happy!
- Don't play with your hair as this causes dryness and split ends.
- Try not to use heated stylers too often. Overuse of straighteners and dryers strip the hair beyond repair.
- Sleep on a silk pillow which will reduce crease and damage.