There are three "natural" methods of lightening your hair without using hair dye.
I haven't tried either, but to be honest I can't imagine they would be super effective.
While they have the benefit of not requiring you to put any corrosive chemicals in your hair, I would be surprised if the effects are even, or manage to turn dark hair into blonde hair... the best you can expect is to go a couple of shades lighter.
How to make your hair blonde naturally
- The first method is to use lemon juice
- The second method is to use a mixture of honey and olive oil
- The third is to use strongly-brewed chamomile tea
The procedure is pretty much the same with all three:
- Rinse your hair so it is wet
- Apply the natural ingredient of choice thoroughly (with the lemon juice/tea you may want to use a spray bottle)
- Sit outside and soak up the suns rays for as long as is safe (you don't want to get skin cancer for the sake of lighter hair).
- Wash the solution out and enjoy your mildly lighter hair tone.
In reality, I would expect rubbing honey and olive oil into your hair to look more like this:
So maybe you should put some newspapers down or something?