The purpose of beauty pageants is to pick out the most beautiful women and everyone else is deemed the loser. The message of beauty pageants is if you are not the most beautiful person then you are worthless, are a loser.
• Beauty Pageants destroy girl's self-esteem and contribute to the increasing rate of eating disorders and suicide among young women.
• Beauty Pageants have a powerful in defining what is attractive or Beautiful in our society. Most of the women and girls who watch or have seen beauty pageants are not able to live up to the standard of “BEAUTY' that is being shown to them.
• If these people fail to live up to that unrealistic standard of beauty then they often feel that they are ugly and worthless.
• When girls realise that they are not as beautiful as the people in the pageant, in the eyes of society. They become depressed and soon create a very low self image of them selves. This creates a whole world of trouble and girls become bulimic or anorexic or even attempt to kill themselves in their unneeded attempted to become what they think is beautiful.
WOMEN AS OBJECTS
• In a beauty pageant, all that women is parade themselves around, like objects, which leads to the encouragement of men to treat them as such.
• that beauty pageants contribute to a culture in which it is not only acceptable but desirable to treat women like objects
• If beauty pageants are good and desirable things, as the negating team says, then treating women like objects is a good and desirable thing because that is what every beauty pageant is.
• When men are encouraged to view women as objects this increases the instance of violence against women and rape.