There are many things you can do to improve the skin on your face. It is important that you look after it in order to keep its youthful glow.
- Drink plenty of water - this will keep your skin hydrated and reduce the risk of spots.
- Wash your face - wash twice daily (early morning and before bed) with a mild soap or a facial cleanser.
- Remove make up - if you leave makeup on at night it can cause acne (and a dirty pillowcase!)
- Moisturise - use a moisturiser daily, it doesn't need to be an expensive one, but choose one that suits your skin - whether it is dry, oily or combination. You may need to experiment with different ones before you find the one that is right for you.
- Exfoliate - an exfoliator will remove dead skin and should be used once a week. Again, you don't need to spend fortunes, just find one that is right for you.
- Sleep - If you are prone to dark circles beneath your eyes, get plenty of sleep. At least eight hours is recommended. You can also lie down with cucumber slices or used teabags on your eyelids, both remedies are very soothing as well as relaxing.
- Don't squeeze spots - If you get a spot just leave it alone. If it looks bad, cover it with some concealer and use a spot treatment before bed. It is said that chocolate causes spots but I refuse to believe that! :-)